Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Prawn Noodle In Kuala Sepetang (Port Weld)

On our way home from Kedah, Papa decided to stop in Kuala Sepetang to taste the famous Prawn Noodle.  We've never been here before.  It was almost 2.30pm when we arrived.  Everybody was very hungry.


A kind of transportation that's apparently quite a lot there.  We're going towards the fishing town in search of Mi Udang Port Weld.  We went around the whole small town but coudn't find the place.  So we left the town.


We stopped here because we saw many cars were parked in front.


We ordered the Cucur Udang.  RM5 per plate.  Quite a lot on each plate.  The taste was not bad but we've tasted better Cucur Udang.


The Cucur Udang Kiosk.


The famous Prawn Noodle.  It was a disappointment really.  Those were really small prawns! They were also not fresh.  The noodles were also in a small quantity despite the price.  The taste was not mind blowing though.  Just so-so.  My friend's recipe tastes better.


A bowl of Prawn Noodle is RM9.00!  A packet of yellow noodle is about RM1.20.  Each packet can serve between 8-9 people.  So, for each packet they're making a sale of at least RM72.00!  How about that?  Yeah well, to me, it's a waste of money,


There were a lot of patrons. I guess people don't see things the way I do.  


A picture to calm me down, actually.  This swamp is right in front of the restaurant.


So much for Prawn Noodle.  I was expecting an extraordinary taste but it's a major disappointment.  Nothing special about it.  Mamak's noodle tastes better. Oh well! I guess I'd better make my own Prawn Noodle.







No comments: