Friday, July 25, 2014

Preparing For the Coming Eid

I normally bought cookies for the Eid.  This year Zoey insisted on baking our own cookies.  I remembered when I was small, always helping my mother (with my sister) baking all kinds of cookies for the Eid and it was fun.  So, I guess I'd let Zoey experience and enjoy the fun too.


 The first cookie is the Dahlia Cookie.  So I asked her to cut some cherries.  Since I only had the green ones, they'd do just fine.


 Then I taught her to press the dough.  After a few attempts she gave up and I had to finish everything!


 Her job then was to sprinkle some chocolate rice - because the green cherries were not beautiful.


Done and baked!


 The next day we baked some Cornflakes Cookies.  She diligently helped me, again.


Watching the Barbie Playhouse video on youtube.  This time she stayed until the end.  Good job Zoey!


After that we decided to prepare some Maruku - as requested by Papa.


A simple but time-consuming favourite.  I started around 10am and finished by 4.00pm.  My right arm still hurts today from 6 hours of rolling and cutting the thinly-rolled dough into strips like these.
Oh ya! Zoey decided to not help after about 2 hours into it. Hahaha....


The burnt oil that was used for frying.  I forgot to switch off the burner while rolling and cutting the next batch.  So, I had to wait for it to cool off before using new oil. *Sigh!*


While I was preparing the Maruku, Nina made these Chocolate Chips Cookies.  They taste like the ones sold by Famous Amos!


After about a week now, the cornflake cookies and the chocolate chip cookies are down by half.  So today, after work, I have to make some new ones to bring back to Maktok and Tokwan.  It's quite a fun feat baking them with the girls.  Asha didn't join us because she's busy polishing her guitar skill.

We'll do this again next year.  Eid Mubarak to all.  We'll go back to Kedah tomorrow night.  Mami informed that they're preparing the house.  Yay!  Pak Chaq also agreed to a BBQ on Sunday. Another Yay!



No comments: