Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Iftar On The Last Day Of Ramadhan

This year we decided to go back to Kedah 1 day before the Eid. Unlike the previous years where we went home about 2 days early. Just wanted to avoid Maktok and Tokwan the hassle of preparing food the morning before fasting. 


Our holiday normally starts here, a cafe on Genting Highlands.  We stopped to let the car take a break and us to eat something - normally Fried Maggi, Chapati or Tosai.


 We arrived in Kedah on Sunday morning, about 9.00am - the last day of Ramadhan.  The journey took us 12 hours.  So, Papa was very tired.


Tareeq still did not buy some new clothes for him despite giving him the money 2 weeks before.  I let him decides his own clothes and this was what he got me into! I had to rush him the the nearest store.  It's already 2.00pm.  I was busy preparing for the Iftar. Papa was busy with Tokwan



 And I found these at the store! Oh so cool! Too bad I didn't bring any money because I didn't plan on shopping. So, I had to follow Tareeq choosing his clothes.


Before we went back, Nina already discussed with Pak Chaq to have a barbecue.  
Lambs on the grill. Yummy! 


 Pak Chaq was very busy that day.


 They were busy waiting.


Taking a break from the blazing fire.


 Yummeh!


Mami and I also decided to prepare some side dishes as well.  A little bit of this and that and it turned out... well... quite a lot!


Ketupat...


... Ketupat... yummy!



 ... and Lemang ...


 ... eaten with Beef Rendang.


 Cempedak (English: artocarpus integer) from Tokwan's orchard.


Fried Cempedak by Pak Ngah.


Murtabak.


 Watermelons.


Mangoes from Maktok's mango tree.


Sentul (we call it Setul in Kedah), a local fruit.


 Pak Ngah's treat for Zoey.


 She loved it!


 There's no one to play with her.  She's the only baby (big baby) in the family.


The chef - Pak Chaq - finally managed to take a bite around 10.00pm!


As usual, I loved the food.  I stopped dieting for the whole Ramadhan month.  And these were just great!  Let's pray for another round makan-makan during the Eid-ul-Adha in October.








No comments: