Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Habit - Art Cafe

When we went back to Kedah in early June, Papa and I went out on a date.  We didn't have anywhere in particular to go actually.  Then I remembered how Aunty Ann and Aunty Sri always talked about a cafe in Alor Setar that they liked to frequent every time Aunty Sri went back home.  So that's where we headed that night. The pictures were not really good.


The place was actually nicer looking than my picture.  There were a few patrons there and although we didn't have to wait to be seated, we didn't get to sit somewhere strategic.  At first we sat inside.  Then the heat became unbearable and we moved outside.  It's not air-conditioned and so the heat from the kitchen filled the atmosphere and affected the ambiance of the place.  The ceiling fans didn't help.  The furnitures were mostly quirky. I loved it!


(Bear with me. I'm in my 'slanting photography' mode nowadays.)
So, after moving outside, we waited for almost 10 minutes before someone at the counter gave a signal to Papa to order at the counter.  Okay... That's good!  They don't have to employ too many employees and can save the cost on that.  Since we already ate and didn't plan to eat again, Papa decided to order beverage.  Just plain water for me.  I just want to enjoy the scene there.


Papa went to pick up his order.  While waiting, we chatted.  He said the price of food and beverages there is too expensive. Anyway, I found the place too yuppy for me.  I didn't feel the friendly atmosphere I was looking for here and thus the reason I didn't venture to take a lot of pictures - but I have to give credit to the owner for the cool and creative decorations befitting the concept. I just could not put my finger on something that's missing here.


So that's the espresso he ordered.  The cup was the size of 2 thumbs put together, okay... maybe 3 thumbs put together and it cost RM5.++.  Well, that's a bit harsh, don't you think? What's happening to this town? It's well known for good food and cheap price.  No air-cond (read hot!), pricey and self-service too.  The price just didn't justify the service.  I couldn't wait to leave the cafe.  I didn't feel the longing to stay and enjoy the cafe and it may take me a looooooooong time to be back here.

Thus was my take on the cafe.  I've never had or given negative review on anything before.  Hopefully, people reading this (if any) would not be hampered to go there and experience the cafe themselves.  They may have better feelings towards it.  Different people have different take on things and I'd always go for good food and cheap price.  If the food is expensive, I'd just cook myself.  After all, what's the use of having the skill and once owning similar kind of cafe (read: I know the cost of preparing the food) if I still want to submit myself to this kind of purse obliteration.

No, thank you.

So, we moved to another venue that night.

No comments: