Friday, July 4, 2014

Darulaman Golf & Country Club

After we left Habit, Papa decided to go DGCC to see his friend performs there.


 So that's Uncle Liza.  We first met him in 2005 when we went to Langkawi with Aunty Helen (though I couldn't remember him, I only remembered Uncle Zamri) and his band was playing in Burau Bay Resort ( I think).


That's him standing and talking to Papa. This was in 2005.


That's him this time around on the keyboard.  Someone was singing.  Good voice.


Then Sam of Maybank came to our table to talk with Papa.


I was busy taking pictures outside after that.


Then he came to join Papa and Sam.  He just got the stint here about a month or so - coming back from Langkawi after all these years.


 While they were chatting, another musician got on the stage and started strumming her guitar - that's Liza's daughter!  She's good!  Looking back at the previous picture, you can sense a father's pride in Liza's face.


She's performing her own songs that night.  I think the songs and voice are better than some mainstream artists.


Concentrating! Maybe she can be Papa's next artist?  Who knows.


Must post one from me too.

Overall, I enjoyed the place... and I enjoyed the music too.  The patrons were also sporting.  They enjoyed karaoke-ing after that. 


I do miss Jitra.

No comments: