Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Of Praying And Prayer

Praying together as a family - solat berjemaah (is it called congregated praying?)- is something that we have adopted about 2 years ago.  And Papa being not busy with cafes and other works have made this practice a lot easier because he's always around.

Out of the 5 compulsory daily solat times, we most always manage to do 2 together - the Maghrib and Isya' Prayer.  Lately, Papa decided to let Zoey handles the prayer/du'a session (after praying).  The reason is because in Islam a du'a by a child will be most acceptable by Allah as they are still devoid of sins (not 'mumaiyiz' - a child who is still incapable of deciding and differentiating between the goods and the bads ).

This is the most looked-forward to session by us because of so many unexpected prayers/du'as and most were voiced out sincerely by her. Some of her du'as that brought unexpected (expected actually because we know she's going to say something funny - at least to us) laughter were:

   - O Allah, let my sister, Taqreesa Najla loves me.
   - O Allah, please cure my brother, Tareeq Najman Binti Zainol Ariffin.
   - O Allah, please let my father stop smoking.
   - O Allah, please let my father buy me CD.
   - O Allah, please let my parents allow me to play with Nana and Ami (next door neighbors).
   - O Allah, please let my father bring us to the mall.
   - O Allah, please do not let my father get married again (hahaha...)

Ameen ameen ya rabbal 'aalameen.

Oh there were sooo many other cheeky du'as from her.  But Papa was able to put on a straight face.  I couldn't contain and laughed my heart out right then and there!

Oh how you've brought happiness into our lives Zoey! Love you dear!




No comments: