Thursday, February 20, 2014

Little Things Bring Big Wonders

Little things we do can do amazing wonders to little children.

I don't have green fingers. In fact, I know VERY little (which is actually next to nothing) about planting other than putting seeds into the soil, water them and watch them grow.  This maybe because I took lots of thing for granted all my life and having been living in a very low cost of living state and town for soooo many long years, I never realised that those little things are of big value now.

So many things are expensive in this city, including the ones we always got for free before.  Therefore, I decided to plant some useful everyday cooking plants and Zoey was included in this activity, of course!  

Turmeric.
Because I like to cook rendang and serunding. Also useful IF I want to try cooking Masak Lemak (in the near future). I may also use them to wrap fish IF one day I decide to grill them. Ooohhh! I can already smell the smell.


Onion for its spring.
To be used in garnishing and when making prawn, corn and anchovy fritters. Yummeh!
I plant this together with the Thai Basil - sedapnyaaaa buat laksa! I only ever cooked once... heeheehee... but I loved my laksa.


Pandan (pandanus leaves)
Used in boiled/steamed rice and many other delish cookings.
I'm gonna try my hands at Kuih Seri Muka, In Shaa Allah.

  
 Celery
For garnishing and loads of other stuff.

When I brought Zoey to help me water these precious little things a few days ago she exclaimed "Wow! You're amazing Mama! You can plant everything!"

I chuckled of course because these little unimportant things bring big wonders to her.  And that made me feel special and super. I guess every little child feel that way about their parents.  To me, that's unconditional.  They love their parents without any conditions or prerequisites needed.  I know all of you feel that way about me and Papa.  Thank you children!

And so I decided to plant chillies, okras, chives and so many other wonderful cooking plants in the near future - with my equally wonderful Zoey of course!


No comments: