Sunday, March 23, 2014

Preparing for the next season

These are normal sceneries a few times each year in Kedah.  The land was arid and dry after the harvest.  The farmers are getting a little rest and many have started preparing the land for the upcoming season.


We passed this area on our way to Pak Chaq's house. The house with the red roof was Aunty Sri's mom's house.


This picture was taken from the car on our way back to Kuantan.


The dry paddy stumps were put on fire because: 
1)there's no way anyone can clear everything up with thousands of acres of paddy fields around,
2)the charred paddy stumps act as natural fertilizers.


It's everywhere, here and there.


I just love the view.  Maybe when we visit Tok Ngah's house the next time, I'll bring you guys to his paddy fields, just behind his house.


The colors were a combination of green, orange, yellow, brown and red.


It's not haze. It's hazy because of the smoke.


I used to go to the paddy field after the harvesting season when I was small. My cousin took me there. There were patches of uncut paddy stumps in the field.  And my cousin showed me how to make rice crispies on the field!  It was fun!




No comments: