Monday, September 23, 2013

Pantai Hiburan, Johor

Since we moved here last year, we've been to many places especially in the East Coast.  I have to say that I've fallen in love with this place and with the East Coast.  It's just so beautiful.  We don't have the kinds of beaches back in the West Coast - not even in Penang (our favourite place of all).

I had some miscommunications during our early days here.  I couldn't understand a word they were saying.  And when I went to the sundry shops, I just smiled whenever the makcik or pakcik owners said something.  I think they were asking me or something, but I couldn't understand anything they were saying.  Even the Chinese and Indians here use a lot of the dialects in conversations.

However, we survived.  All of you were very good at adapting yourselves especially in schools and have made many friends and started to speak using some of the East Coast dialects. Good for you!  I had to hide in my cubicle at the office, everyday, before I was comfortable enough to interact with my colleagues.

Anyway, this post is actually the first post about the beautiful places we've visited or stumbled upon along our many journeys here.  One of the places is Pantai Hiburan.  Yup! It sounds very 1970s! It's situated on one of the small roads in the East Coast of Johor. So, the beach is very similar to the ones we have in Pahang, Terengganu and Kelantan.

We stumbled upon this small and quaint place/beach on our way to our monthly holiday (over kayyy!!!), this time in Johor.  That was in January 2013.  Papa and I agreed that this place must've seen it's better times in the 70s but to us, it's still very interesting to be there, even for a short while.  There were still a lot of people there, with housing developments nearby and lots of food stalls like the ones here.


We always stop for food at small, nice and interesting places because they have something that's more authentic than in big cities - the taste.
Here is the Pantai Hiburan I told you about.
The beach and the South China Sea is in the background.


As usual, a snap with Princess is a must.
There were many people around us, actually.


All the four of you.
Always nice to each other only during mealtime. Hahaha...


While waiting ofr our food, Meen and I ventured to the beach.  The beach wasn't very beautiful, but it was helped a lot by the ambience of the place surrounded by hills.


The view from the beach.


They had some wonderful Ais Kacang and Laicikang and cheap too - RM1.50!


The hors d'oeuvres were delicious.
Popia Goreng, Keropok Lekor and Banana Fritters.
We ordered and ordered and ordered....
Maybe because we were also hungry kot after a few hours in the car.


Done with the snacks, we were ready to continue our journey.


Papa and his girls.


My teenagers and I


So, that's Pantai Hiburan.  Our hiburans for the day were the good food and drinks, some really big black ants hovering over the spilled Ais Kacang and Laicikang and of course Adik Meen's antics.

After that, we continued our trip to Mersing and on to Johore Baharu for our Cuti-Cuti Malaysia.  I will upload more photos of our short weekend trips to everywhere.




No comments: