Thursday, November 27, 2014

Homecoming

Earlier this month we went back to Kedah to visit Tokwan and Maktok.  We're supposed to leave late at night but after about 1 hour the car broke down in the middle of a very dark and quiet highway.  Luckily we're able to turn back and Papa drove slowly and finally we reached home.  The next morning Papa sent the car to the workshop and around 11am we started the journey again. Phew!  Late that night we arrived at Maktok's house. 


The next morning we went out for breakfast.


 We love the food there.




After that Papa and I had some errands to do in Jitra.


The first stop, to pay the quit rent.


 The second stop, to pay the land tax.


That afternoon we went to Tok Ngah's house for lunch.


Budgerigars - my cousin's pet


They're cute!


Much to Zoey's delight.


Then we saw this snakehead fish. :)


My cousin's wife was cleaning them to make dried fish.


The I ventured inside to where the men were.
L to R: Papa, Tok Wan, my cousin (Shahidan)


Tok Ngah and Papa.
Hmm... Tok Ngah looks like chinese.


It was gloomy all day long that day.


The next day was better!


Which allowed Zoey to enjoy the paddy field.


She really enjoyed herself, running here and there.


Simple-life fun.


The sky was cloudy again - Nina was pointing towards the field.


Then we ventured the back road and found this old palace in ruins.


Then we went to Pekan Rabu - a friend of mine asked me to buy something for her.  And a lot of things for us! PEkan Rabu is famous for selling traditional food and for so many other things - like a one-stop center.


I didn't always go here when we lived in Kedah and this was my first time going there after living away.


I miss these! Yummy to my tummy.


This is also yummy! Made Chicken Pie yesterday.


Oh so heavenly and cheezy and chewey and sinful!


Maybe we'll go back to Kedah again in February - during the Chinese New Year Holiday because that's the earliest holiday for me.  Meanwhile we only have the weekends to go places.  No more leisure activities everywhere this time around.  And I suddenly feel tired!



No comments: